- Assists Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer and National Programme Officer in preparation of general correspondences, memorandums, budget information including forecast, schedules / programme events’ calendar and other materials;
- Assists with recruitment of International Experts/ Consultants and oversees/ monitors recruitment processes in line with UNDP rules and regulations including drafting ToRs, initiating tenders for Individual Contract / Consultant recruitment, pre-evaluation of candidates and preparing recruitment package; Support to coordinate the work of International & National Experts/ Consultants. Provides guidance/feedback to International Experts/ Consultants whenever needed;
- Contributes to and responsible for finalization of programme costed work plan / travel plan / procurement plan, as well as drafting press-releases and media coverage reports for programme activities / events;
- Provides support in monitoring of programme delivery against costed workplans and coordination between regional and country levels. Prepares and contributes to information, reports and other documentation related to the Programme/project activities in the region:
- Provides support in any research and data collection efforts related to the UNODC Regional Programme for CA (XAC/Z61) & UNODC Global Programme on Addressing Global Prison Challenges (GLOZ85), tracks required information and follows up on correspondence under Programme activities including organization of Programme regional events;
- Assist in organizing internal/external meetings related to programme design / implementation / reporting.
- Process Invoices in the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP);
- Proper maintenance of the Accounts Receivables and Payables and follow-up with relevant parties on timely clearance of those accounts. Ensure proper establishment of accruals;
- Investigate erroneous/invalid entries and communicate with the Regional Office Finance Unit in order to take appropriate corrective accounting actions;
- Ensure timely VAT reimbursements to UNODC;
- Assist the Regional Office Finance Unit in implementation of the financial management strategies, as well as knowledge/practice sharing as and when required;
- Maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that payments processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in the system.
- Prepare financial forecast and financial analysis to ensure effective programme financial management and draft relevant financial reports on regular basis.
- Collection and systematization of information on potential suppliers of services/goods;
- Ensuring tender selection, canvassing of the supplier of services/goods in accordance with UNODC and UNDP requirements and procedures;
- Support in preparation of short-term contracts in accordance with UNDP requirements and procedures, exercising control over observation of contract terms and periods;
- Process Shopping Carts through solicitations;
- Coordinate vendor status with Master Data Management (MDM) team;
- Submit requests for posting Goods receipt on a timely basis and conduct Service Entry Sheet;
- Act as a Low Value Acquisitioner;
- Process other procurement related requests.
- Creation of travel requests in Umoja;
- Securing visa support, arrangement of transport and accommodation, etc. during workshops, meetings, conferences, visits of foreign experts, etc;
- Coordinates effectively with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other stakeholders regarding programme implementation;
- Assistance to POs in keeping close contacts with the national partners, UNDP, progrmamme’s partners and other organizations by means of direct contacts, collection of information, registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence, preparation of draft letters and organization of meetings;
- Receive, screen, log and route incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents for the coming to the programme, attach necessary background information and maintain a follow-up system;
- Preparation of unofficial translations and, as required, acting as an interpreter;
- Perform other functions for the successful implementation of the programme as might be required in the scope of current position.
- Collect, register and maintain all relevant information on programme activities, draft correspondence and ensure follow-up.
- Assist in all activities related to implementation of the UNODC portfolio including organizing meetings, training courses, workshops, conferences, study tours, as well as missions of the programme /project staff or official UNODC travelers.
- Carry out other assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance management, business administration, public administration, international relations or equivalent diploma.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial / administrative work, procurement closely related to support of programme is required. Experience of working with UN or other international organization’s programme/financial /administrative /procurement rules and regulations is highly desirable.
- Excellent drafting skills for routine correspondence and proven experience in handling of web-based management systems including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of UN programme & finance software/systems is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required. Knowledge of Kazakh language is an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)