UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime was set-up in 1997, combining the United Nations Centre for International Crime Prevention and the United Nations International Drug Control Programme. It was established by the Secretary-General of the United Nations to enable the Organization to focus and enhance its capacity to address the interrelated issues of drug control, crime prevention and international terrorism in all its forms. The mandate of the Office derives from several conventions and General Assembly resolutions, and the Office’s technical cooperation programme aims to help improve the capacity of Governments to execute those international commitments.
- Manage and coordinate project’s activities including organizing meetings, training courses, workshops, conferences, study tours, infrastructure work, procurement of hardware as well as software equipment and all missions of the project staff and national counterparts;
- Assist the Advisor in day-to-day communication with counterparts in the region including relevant law enforcement and other special bodies related to the project work;
- Attend and contribute to technical consultations with the national and international stakeholders, partners and donors on issues related to AML/CFT;
- Draft work plans, regular reports, evaluations, background documents, information notes, research papers, and project concept notes;
- Prepare material, situation briefings, and presentations for the workshops, conferences and training courses, and other documents;
- Contribute to the development of funding proposals and progress reports to donor organizations, monitoring, evaluation and lessons learned reports and other relevant program-related documents, including substantive correspondence for a) resource mobilization, b) partnership building, c) reporting;
- Monitor and control the project budget, draft budget reports, and recommend revisions where necessary;
- Supervise and advise the project assistant and project associate in project implementation;
- Coordinate and assist in supervision of activities of other project assistants employed under or cost-shared by the GLOU40 and XACZ60 projects in Central Asia and South Caucasus;
- Identify and prioritize requirements for the project activities, ensure appropriate nominations from the participating countries or organization and follow up all arrangements;
- Identify consultancy needs, develop terms of reference for the proposed consultancies and assist in the identification, selection and recruitment of consultants and instructors;
- Monitor procurement, infrastructure work, equipment supply, installation, and process of expenditures;
- Act as a liaison officer between the various agencies participating in the implementation of the project;
- Collect documents and keep files related to the project implementation;
- Within his/her competency support and assist, as required, all other UNODC projects in Central Asia and South Caucasus;
- Perform other functions for the successful implementation of the project as might be required.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNODC
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact;
- Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standards;
- Hold self and others accountable for results;
- Efficiently establish appropriate plans and resources for self and others to accomplish goals.
- Substantive experience in managing and coordinating the project.
- Sound organizational skills and time management skills;
- Ability to prioritize own work programme and to work independently or with minimum supervision;
- Ability to deliver assignments in a timely manner;
- Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development professionally and personally.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity;
- Respect for diversity and including gender balance.
- Pursue everything with motivation and drive;
- Not give up in the face of adversity and setbacks; demonstrate resilience and composure;
- Demonstrate courage, self-motivation and initiative to act on opportunities without being prompted by others;
- Be authentic and modest, get things done without unnecessary noise.
- Act in a way that demonstrates empathy and emotional intelligence, showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others;
- Demonstrate and encourage teamwork and co-creation internally and externally to achieve joint objectives and results;
- Establish and develop networks that deliver powerful collaborations;
- Encourage and respect the views of others; accept views and ideas other than one’s own.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possible extension)