- ensure sound analysis of emerging development trends and respective Government policies to address them;
- lead on consolidation of knowledge in the Governance programme area and produce high quality knowledge products, including policy briefs, reports, papers;
- provide quality support for events, meetings and negotiations by preparing evidence-based materials, including, but not limited to statements, speeches, concept notes, talking points, etc.;
- support Governance unit resource mobilization efforts by compiling relevant data and evidence, productively contributing to meetings and brainstorming sessions, outlining concept notes, drafting project documents, etc.;
- contribute to Governance Unit communication efforts by providing quality content ready to be utilized for web stories, posts, interviews OPEDs, articles, etc.;
- support corporate reporting by integrating project level outputs into outcome level narrative;
- support monitoring and evaluation of on-going and past initiatives, including by collecting and providing evidence and data;
- support national efforts to nationalize SDGs;
- maintain close liaison with national project partners, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership of the Government in the respective Unit initiatives and activities.
- demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards;
- demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences;
- ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, as a team member, to build trust, and to manage in a deliberate, transparent and predictable way;
- strong coordination and facilitation skills;
- demonstrates ethics and integrity;
- ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with national partners and stakeholders and pro-activeness in identifying of beneficiaries and partners’ needs and matching them to appropriate solutions.
- ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- ability to work to tight deadlines and to handle multiple concurrent project components;
- ability to manage projects for results, including the preparation of products;
- ability to identify priority activities and tasks and allocate appropriate time and resources for effective and efficient work completion;
- ability to monitor progress against milestones and deadlines;
- ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships;
- ability to foresee risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Political Science, Public Policy or other relevant areas.
- 7 years of substantive experience working in or directly related to policy analysis, research and / or knowledge management;
- strong drafting skills in English and Russian languages;
- proven communication and advocacy skills, and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including government representatives, donors and other stakeholders;
- excellent computer skills with ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Fluency in English and Russian with proven drafting and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of Kazakh is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)