- Provides support in primarily ICT support to the tenants of UN Common Premises and on ad-hoc basis and cost recovery basis to agencies located outside of the UN House;
- Provides support in installation of the computer, printing, copying equipment for the UN agencies and Common Premises;
- Supports in installation of the computer software;
- Supports in conducting minor repairs of the hardware located in the UN house;
- Provides an assistance in procuring the ICT equipment for the UN agencies and the Common Premises;
- Conducts market research required for procurement of the ICT equipment and software;
- Assists in implementing and promotion of the Green ICT Technologies;
- Contributes to effective implementation of the UN corporate information management and technology standards, follows the guidelines and procedures for the technology environment;
- Contributes to business processes mapping and development of internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Contributes to preparation of the results-oriented annual work plan for the ICT unit;
- Carries out other tasks as required.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office;
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge.
- Ability to provide ICT support services;
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows OS products, MS Office products, Apple OS, mobile OS (Android, IOS), corporate ICT security and virtual protection systems;
- Good knowledge and experience in LAN architecture (Cat 5e, Cat6), VLANs;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong experience in client support, such as, ICT Help Desk and User Support;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems, demonstrates innovative approaches.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Secondary education or specialized certification in information technologies or technical science.
- Bachelor’s degree is an advantage.
- At least 3 years (or 2 years with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant work experience with an ability to operate and maintain network, computer, telecommunication and other office equipment;
- Knowledge of computer hardware, LAN/WAN/VLAN and peripheral equipment, MS Windows 7-10 operation systems, MS Office 2007-365, E-mail technology and protocols, web-based applications;
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, office printing & copying equipment.
- Knowledge of development for web is desirable;
- UN experience is an asset.
- Working knowledge of English, Kazakh and Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months