- Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities of specific components;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partners (IPs) financial and narrative reports;
- Provide quality and timely guidance in formulation, design, implementation of project activities by IPs, monitoring and reporting from IPs;
- Provide full support and coordination in preparation of regional events related to the area of responsibility.
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of project activities with partners;
- Coordinate technical workshops and webinars; facilitate workshop sessions;
- Develop stakeholders’ capacity and provide a forum for exchanging experiences;
- Consolidate lessons learned and key outcomes of workshops and webinars;
- Analyze emerging needs and provide suggestions for technical follow up;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed;
- Contribute to preparation of Steering Committee meetings.
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes.
- Analyze and appraise incoming documents, draft statements, talking points, correspondence, and briefing notes on the programme and operational issues;
- Review documents to ensure quality and relevance to subject and themes;
- Elaborate inputs to the annual and other reports;
- Conduct site-visits for monitoring and reporting of programme implementation;
- Contribute to evaluation of the programme.
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
- Provide inputs to financial reports;
- Oversee as needed the day-to-day work of Project Assistants who operate under the supervision of the SI Project Coordinator;
- Participate in development of annual budgets, coordinate and negotiate the budget with RCO and RUNOs;
- Ensure delivery of the donor funds at least 85% by the end of a fiscal year.
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies to attract possible additional donor funds; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Provide technical support to the Programme Coordinator on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs and offering complementary support as necessary.
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to Spotlight Initiative;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on Spotlight Initiative.
- Timely and quality programme implementation;
- Timely and quality inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards, rules and procedure;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Timely organization of events;
- Number of communication opportunities identified;
- Number of knowledge products developed.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Equality Issues and /or SGBV issues Accountability;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings;
- Good analytical skills;
- Capacity to work effectively under deadline pressure and to take on a range of responsibilities;
- Ability to work as a team member, presentation and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of issues and programming approaches to end sexual and gender-based violence and harmful practices.
Education and certification:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience of managing multi-stakeholder development programmes is an advantage;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working methods, and particularly with UN Women policies and programming procedures, desirable;
- Knowledge and experience in data/statistics collection, analysis and presentation;
- Good knowledge of key concepts and global and regional commitments related to gender equality, empowerment of women and girls, ending violence against women and harmful practices, their impacts on health and realization of SRHR;
- Experience working on SGBV related projects will be considered an assetGood knowledge of issues and programming approaches to end sexual and gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required;
- Knowledge of languages of Central Asian countries is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)