The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) in Afghanistan and has been working for TVET sector since 2006. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consisting of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MOLSA) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates in integrated manner within the MOLSA and mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, the World Bank and other funding agencies.
Scope of the duties:
The scope of the duties of TVET Expert for Project/ Program Documents Development will mainly cover the development of documents for the possible phase two of NATEJA project for its current donor (IADC) as well as revising NSDP strategic documents. The Expert is also expected to contribute and review the documents of new programs and projects of MOLSA and further enhance them in terms of contents and language.
The Expert will need to review and analyze Afghanistan government relevant strategic documents and the existing TVET and education related policies and strategies. He/she should also study the NATEJA project appraisal document, NATEJA project manuals and reports as well as research papers conducted by NATEJA project and others for TVET sector and labor market information in Afghanistan.
The Expert is expected to work closely with NSDP senior staff particularly with program unit and to develop the document in a holistic approach for the vocational training sector in Afghanistan.
Duration of the assignment is 9-12 months.
The assignment will involve the following main activities:
· Developing a succinct work plan for all activities listed below
· Networking and liaising with donors, international and governmental partners in TVET sector, particularly with IADC for the development of phase two of NATEJA project and possible new interventions for employment and livelihood improvement of vulnerable Afghans
· Drafting NATEJA project phase two documents and sharing them for the review with NSDP senior staff and IADC for their feedback and further improvement
· Finalizing NATEJA phase two documents including the project appraisal document, implementation plan and manual, budget and financial management manual and etc.
· Reviewing non-formal TVET related documents and NSDP existing and previous strategic documents including NSDP strategy
· Revising NSDP strategy for the upcoming five years in light of the government new strategic documents, priorities and particularly Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF)
· Drafting the implementation plan and budget for NSDP strategy for upcoming five years and sharing them with NSDP and MOLSA senior for feedback and further improvement
· Finalizing NSDP strategy for upcoming five years
· Developing presentations for the above documents and possibly presenting them to the NSDP, MOLSA seniors and other relevant and interested parties
· Contributing in drafting and finalizing TVET and employment related policies and strategic documents of MOLSA
· Assisting NSDP senior staff in drafting project and program related quality documents
· Closely working with management of NSDP/Directorate General for Skills Development (DGSD) in liaising with donors’ agencies for fund raising
· Contributing in capacity building support to NSDP and DGSD staff in drafting strategic documents, concepts and proposals throughout on the jobs training and arranging capacity building workshops.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
· Master Degree in Education/Economic/Business Administration or any related field with at least 3 years’ relevant experience.
· Excellent project/proposal development skills with excellent English Writing Skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
· Excellent presentation skills
· Working experience in post- conflict countries is plus.