Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) has been operational in Kenya for 35 years. It is the largest provider of family planning services and offers life-saving and life-enhancing services to men and women of all ages through a range or sexual and reproductive health service through its own clinic outlets, a network of franchise outlets and the marketing of RH commodities. In addition, MSK has an MCH 24 bed nursing home in Nairobi.
MSK seeks to recruit a Trade Marketing Executive based in Nairobi which is part of the Commercial Services Department and reports to the Channel Lead.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for developing and execution of trade & market activation strategies for the entire life cycle of all products and services for Marie Stopes International. The goal is to ensure the Annual Business Plan targets are met which include income, sales volume, market share and sustainability.
- Execute Trade Marketing Strategy across a portfolio of products. This includes brand activations, merchandising, POS placement, Market research.
- Support the Brand Marketing process by identifying the key opportunities in Listing and Activations (incorporating understanding on consumers, category, customer, competition, channel and external environment).
- Manage activation plans and execute campaigns through effective participation and coordination of BTL activities in the trade.
- Tacking BTL activities performance and ROI; analyses consumer trends, in store visibility activities, sales performances in order to propose new strategies and activities and provide inputs into the yearly strategic & budget exercises.
- Coordinate communication of price, product and pack changes.
- Manage Trade Marketing budget efficiently & ensure cost efficient policies are applied.
- Coordinates activities associated to organization participation at sponsorship events.
- Manage relationship between Marie Stopes International and all activation agencies and the sales team.
- Conduct periodically trade visit in coordination with the sales team.
- Provide market and product related insights vis a vis the competition.
Qualifications ,Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing management or any other relevant discipline from a recognised University.
- 2- 3 years of experience in Trade Marketing in FMCG industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (outgoing personality)
- Experience of project management against set deliverables
- Ability to prioritize and organize workloads independently when required
- Team player and the ability to work across different multi-media platforms and departments
- Ability to problem solve and ‘make things happen’
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyse reports
- Event management
Soft skills required for the job:
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Team player