Position Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Honduras Sembrando Esperanza (SEA) project will build the capacity of vulnerable youth and communities to work on violence prevention strategies and reduce the risk of irregular migration. SEA will develop peaceful and protective environments, strengthen the relationships among youth, their families, communities, and local authorities and provide services to youth, families and communities. In doing so, SEA will be better positioned to respond to the needs of violence-affected youth and their communities, support the reduction of irregular migration, and foster greater resilience in Honduras.
Project Duration: 5 years
Creative Associates International seeks a Knowledge Management and Organizational Development Specialist (KMOD) for the USAID funded community violence and irregular migration prevention bid in Honduras. The KMOD will be responsible for leading the KM team, (MEL, data management, communications) , and provides strategic direction and technical oversight of SEA. The KMOD is responsible for rolling out the robust collaborative and learning agenda, and developing robust organizational development plans with partners and communities on enhancing their capacities to more effectively reduce violence and irregular migration. Working with the rest of the teams he/she will ensure that there is a constant learning and knowledge sharing across the results of the project and for the duration of the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position report to the MEL Manager.
The KMOD will have principal responsibility for:
- Conduct a learning assessment for the project and then develop the learning strategy;
- Conduct assessments of organizational capacity to inform an organizational capacity development strategy;
- Develop learning tools for the program and ensure that the learning agenda is coherent with the overall MEL plan;
- Ensure organizational learning is shared from the field implementation of the project;
- Write reports based on the learning agenda for the quarterly and annual reports;
- Conduct project site visits to verify learning; and
- Other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in knowledge management, strategic management, organizational capacity development or a relevant field. Master's degree or equivalent in any of the above-mentioned fields is preferred;
- At least six years' experience working on knowledge management and/or organizational capacity development in developing countries; preference will be given to candidates with experience in Latin America;
- Experience in capacity-building of local staff and partners;
- Proficiency in addressing factors that maximize gender and social inclusion;
- Familiarity with international donor regulations and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience working on knowledge management and institutional development elements of donor-funded programs in complex environments;
- Robust understanding of Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) principals and implementing CLA plans;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines and to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision, required.Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork. Effective communication skills, able to make formal and informal presentations both orally and in writing and produce professional and analytical reports and program documents.
- English Level III (Working Knowledge) - Reading/Writing/Speaking â—‹ Spanish level IV (Fluent) - Reading/Writing/Speaking.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.