ANPPCANSOM is seeking to hire the Communications Specialist/Officer who will be responsible for supporting implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Platform Activity's Strategic Knowledge Management and Communications Plan. The Communication Specialist will specifically support the provision of public awareness campaign services on Covid-19 in Somaliland, support technical staff with success stories, work with local television and radio press office and coordinate events related to Covid-19's impact in Somaliland. This is short-time position based in Hargeisa, Somaliland.**
· Support the provision of public awareness campaign services on Covid-19 in Somaliland
· Support implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Platform Activity's Strategic Knowledge Management and Communications Plan
· Create fact sheets, newsletters, infographics, and other products in support of the communications strategy of the Activity
· Ensure that all deliverables, training and technical reports comply with donor's Branding and Marking Plan
· Support technical staff in identifying success stories, develop and edit for publication
· Coordinate events related to donor funding for Covid-19 campaign services in Somaliland
· Work with local television and radio press office and coordinate events related to Covid-19's impact in Somaliland
· Maintain effective communications within the organization, other partner organizations and stakeholders, including timely response to requests for information by the donor
· Plan and facilitate workshops on topics such as branding compliance, how to write success stories, capturing compelling photos, etc.
· Participate in team building, capacity building, and work planning activities to promote and support best practices in knowledge management and communication
· Perform additional responsibilities as needed
· Bachelor's degree in communication or either of the following related field; Multi-Media Journalism, Associate Journalism, Communication and Public Relations, International Journalism, and Broadcast Journalism
· Minimum of Five years of experience in communications or related field
· Experience with development projects or donors preferred
· Experience in journalism, broadcasting, and reporting skills
· Knowledge of communication theory and practice
· Experience in coordinating events related to donor funding for Covid-19 campaign services
· Experience developing, designing, and producing content for print and digital media
· Strong organizational and project management skills, with the proven ability to meet tight deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently and in a team
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks at one time
· Strong computer skills in a full range of software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business)
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language required
ANPPCAN-SOM has a Staff Code of Conduct and Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of children and Adult Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). ANPPCANSOM also has an Anti-Bribery-and-Corruption-Policy and Whistle-Blower & Protection policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of ANPPCAN-SOM, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty and protect all employees to achieve compliance with various laws and regulations. Any candidate offered a job with ANPPCANSOM will be expected to adhere to these policies, other ANPPCAN-SOM and Donor rules and regulations.
ANPPCAN-SOM practices zero-tolerance against child and adult abuse. ANPPCAN-SOM has zero-tolerance concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen applicants against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism requirements. **
“We need to keep children safe, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects ANPPCANSOM commitment to the protection of children and adults from all forms of abuse”. ANPPCAN-SOM’s Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy apply to all ANPPCANS-SOM staff. All staff are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our Child and Adult Safeguarding policy.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. ANPPCANSOM reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part /in whole this document any time without giving any reason thereof.