Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Project Manager will support Vera project teams to design and configure operations/program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems for social impact organizations as a member of Vera’s consulting team. Consultants manage client relationships and project delivery according to quality standards. They are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s life cycle — gathering requirements, solution design, building and testing cloud-based data systems, providing training to system users, and supporting system implementation and rollout.
As a Project Manager, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce – the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit organizations worldwide. You will gain first-hand experience working with a diverse range of social sector clients while working in a global marketplace.
You will join our team of passionate humans with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Manage projects and oversee project teams
- Consult directly with clients; develop relationships and regularly communicate with active and prospective clients
- Develop and implement clear project plans, budgets, timelines, develop strategies for client engagement, oversee Vera’s project teams to ensure high quality delivery on-time and on-budget
- Escalate project risks or issues appropriately to leadership
- Lead internal and external project planning and kickoff; facilitate regular project team meetings with Vera and client stakeholders.
- Manage resources within and between project teams to utilization and hours targets.
- Contribute to business development including support on RFPs, facilitating sales conversations, and support scoping new projects
- Remain informed on new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to nonprofits and NGOs
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 2-4 years professional experience
- At least one of the following:
- Supporting the management of a technology implementation project
- Experience in planning or managing events to budget
- Overseeing tight budgets on small teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on project work plans, including effective management of budget and timelines
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and time management
- Analytical and problem solving skills — do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Demonstrated interest in social sector work
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated client relationship experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Experience or interest working in a small, dynamic team
- Fluency/proficiency in English
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- People management experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with the Salesforce platform
- Fluency/proficiency in Portuguese, Spanish, and/or French
- 1+ years managing Salesforce system implementation projects