World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position location: Dubai, United Emirates or in Europe where WVI is registered to operate.
As Technical Director for Humanitarian Partnerships, you will lead the development and implementation of World Vision’s global humanitarian partnering strategy and grow its partnering capacity for the effective delivery of humanitarian assistance in emergencies and fragile contexts.
Driven by conflict, climate change and natural disasters, increasing and protracted humanitarian crises mean childhoods are often scarred by violence, long term displacement and disrupted education. Partnering with others is key to meeting these growing needs effectively. As a leading faith-based humanitarian agency World Vision is seeking to strengthen and expand its partnerships. As a signatory to the Grand Bargain we are committed to empowering national and local actors and to partnering with them to bring assistance and hope to crisis affected children and communities worldwide.
Leading strategy, engaging others across the organization, managing relationships and representing World Vision externally requires a candidate with exceptional consultative, relational and convening abilities. You will have extensive humanitarian partnering and risk management experience, a track record of building partnering capacity, representation, and leading consortia with civil society, local actors, donors, the United Nations and the private sector.
- University Degree or Postgraduate qualification and / or professional background in strategy development, operational implementation, international development/ humanitarian or other relevant field.
- At least 8 years of international humanitarian resource development, preferably extensive operations experience in fragile contexts.
- Demonstrated leadership and innovative strategic thinking experience as well as operational management expertise in complex, insecure and fluid contexts with multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and often partly remote teams and internal as well as external stakeholders across continents.
- High-level influence and representation and collaboration skills as part of the global humanitarian system with international and national donors, public audience, media, Government(s), academia, private sector on topics regarding humanitarian context solutions with local and multi-national business, social enterprises, innovation.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English. Proficiency in other languages such as French and Spanish would be desirable. Frequent international travel (30%) including field visits in humanitarian responses, external engagement/ representation at international conferences.