Suriye Yardım Derneği Turkey is requesting for a consultant to review its Supply Chain policies and procedures, internally audit them to track weaknesses if any, modify them to ensure that they match international donors’ standards and requirements then train staff on the use of those policies and procedures.
This consultancy should by conducted by an experienced senior consultant, who has solid previous experience in managing programs support unit in International NGOs that are funded by well recognized international donors (e.g. OFDA, DFID and ECHO). These policies and procedures of Supply Chain include Procurement, logistics, fleet, asset, stock management.
Activities covered and deliverables:
This consultancy should cover the followings:
- Assess the current policies and procedures for the above mentioned areas of expertise
- Review SYD Partners/Donors' rules, regulations, and compliances
- Review Turkish and UK laws that are related to the procurement rules and compliances
- Check current SYD policies and procedures for compliance with those rules and regulations
- Report the findings and recommend the proper actions to address these findings
- Revise/modify the current policies and procedures as needed to better comply with the international policies and procedures
- Conduct Orientation session for SYD staff on the modified/developed policies and procedures
Type of Supervision and support to be provided:
Suriye Yardım Derneği related Department Managers and staff (finance, compliance…etc) shall provide required information, meetings and attention during the consultancy period. Suriye Yardım Derneği will provide operational assistance and facilitate logistic support if the consultant needs to travel to Turkey. As direct supervision, Country Director, will oversee general support, the progress of the consultancy and receipt of final deliverables.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Master's degree in business administration, logistics, accounting, management or related field
- Minimum seven years' work experience in a management of programs support departments; especially procurement and logistics for international NGOs.
- Experience managing large, complex US, UK and EC awards and knowledge of relevant regulations
- Demonstration of experience of the provider in similar product development and/or context.
- Considerable experience in developing and implementing Programs Support Policies and Procedures for International NGO(s).
- Excellent communication, and technical writing skills.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent training and facilitation skills and strong experience in developing user manuals
- Solid understanding of procurement principles
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commodity accounting principles
- Great knowledge of supply chain management including (Procurement, Stock, Asset and Fleet management)
- Great knowledge in accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles
- Experience in building capacity of operational management of NGOs
- Professional level of speaking and writing in English language (Arabic Language is desirable)