The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for supporting the supply chain team and ensuring that all procurements are done on a timely basis without compromising known BAHAR standards, the Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for following up on certain procurements remotely in different sites as needed and will work closely with all sectors to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance with Bahar and donor-specific policies and procedures.
- Procure all necessary items for programs, offices.
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Generate all required procurement documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
- Prepare payment requests and collect all needed documents to facilitate payment submission.
- Provide all needed information and documents to finance as per BAHAR and donor policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments are delivered to the suppliers.
- Assist program staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested when possible.
- Conducting a regular market survey for commonly purchased goods and services.
- Coordinate the transportation of procured items to other Bahar's locations.
- Collect needed documentation from different departments and site and lease efficiently.
- Update relevant staff about the status of his/her request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
- Assist in updating the Purchase Request Tracking Sheet (PRTS) and other procurement Tracking Sheets regularly.
- Keep good track of supplier’s performance and maintain a database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of supplies, service, and goods
- Maintain an accurate and organized filing system for both hard and soft copies.
- Perform other duties as required by the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to meet the deadlines and accommodate to change the work environment.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- University Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, or any other related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in procurement.
- Working experience on USAID, UN, and other donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Excellent command in Arabic and English, both writing and speaking.
- Able to work under pressure, able to multi-task, excellent team player, and able to work in a multinational environment
- Turkish citizenship is mandatory.