The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) is an international nongovernmental organization defending human rights and the rule of law worldwide. With its Headquarters based in Geneva, Switzerland, ICJ has a presence in Africa, Latin America, Asia & the Pacific, Europe & Central Asia, and the Middle East.
To help ensure the organization makes the best use of its financial resources and complies with all relevant rules and regulations, we seek a full-time Senior Finance Officer based in Geneva, Switzerland. If you are our ideal candidate, you have worked for at least six years in the Finance department of an international entity and are familiar with the complexities of working in a global context. You have comprehensive knowledge and experience with analytical accounting and Swiss GAAP Accounting norms. You are cool under pressure, are committed to ICJ’s mission, and have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Finance Officer holds the following responsibilities:
· Prepare, process, review, and ensure accuracy and conformity of accounting documents and accounting entries;
· Receive and process invoices in the accounting software and generate payments through e-banking;
· Validate and process purchase requests and ensure their budget follow up;
· Validate invoices, money transfer, cash advances and co-sign for payments;
· Manage petty cash;
· Participate in monthly and annual closing for the regional offices and Geneva accounts;
· Participate in the implementation of Internal Control Systems and elaboration of financial control tools and in implementation of the accounting system;
· Draft program/project budgets, perform internal cost analyses, and develop or review internal and external financial reports;
· In collaboration with the HR Manager and the external payroll provider, review and process the salaries for the entire organization.
· Provide training and guidance on financial procedures and accounting software to financial and administration staff in Geneva and in regional and country offices;
· Assist in other financial and administrative tasks as requested by the Chief Finance Officer.