Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Specialist Quality - Business Processes
36 hours a week, 1 year contract with the possibility for an extension
Based in The Hague
Main Goal of the Job
The Specialist Quality Management that we are looking for, is expected to fulfill a central role in Oxfam Novib’s Quality team. The Quality team safeguards Oxfam Novib’s professionalization in terms of efficiency, effectiveness, and risk prevention; to strengthen the organization’s capacity to achieve its aims, while assuring full accountability. At the heart of this work is the design and improvements of processes and procedures in consultation with end users and stakeholders.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- mapping and designing of organizational processes;
- analyzing and identifying opportunities for process improvements together with teams
- leading and contributing to projects aimed at ensuring that our ways of working are fit for purpose and efficient; including advise on new business applications
- informing and advising senior management about the effectiveness and opportunities for improvements of our Quality Management System
- contributing to coordination and the follow up of external quality management audits and certification.
- A bachelor (HBO/WO) degree in business administration or equally relevant study;
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience;
- Knowledge of business processes and quality management (ISO 9001:2015)
- Experience working in multi-cultural settings;
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary projects;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team;
- An excellent command of the English language, both in speaking and in writing;
- Business-minded with the ability to work under pressure;
- Affinity with business applications
- Knowledge of SAP and ‘Lean’ would be a considered an asset
What we offer
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between €2.846,- and € 4.378,- based on 36 hours a week.