UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Unit of Information and Technology Management (ITM) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/ITM internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-life industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context.
Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP ITM Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploy and support online collaboration tools and business process automation solutions for UNDP Country Offices worldwide within our collaboration platform (Microsoft 365, leveraging SharePoint Online [SPO] and Teams).
- Develop solutions in Microsoft 365 for collaboration and business processes to replace manual and paper-burdened processes with new and evolving cloud-based functions.
- Architect and build automations and integrations with Power Automate. Also build applications that employ Power Apps for mobile-enabled data entry, approvals, and reporting.
- Assist the management of our utility scripts written in PowerShell through our private GitHub repository.
- Support the gathering, consolidating, and analysing data for our tracking, analytics, and data visualization using Excel, Power BI, and other business intelligence tools. Also contribute innovative perspectives to improve our online reports and dashboards for internal management and customers.
- Provide insight, support, and guidance on enhancing concepts of digital workspace, including from perspectives of user interfaces/experience (UI/UX), information architecture (IA), and digital employee experience (DEX).
- Refine and continuously innovate (kaizen) our development, delivery and monitoring procedures, instructions and templates from best practice and then disseminate them through our practice community.
Applying your Skills Beyond ICT
- Promote a client service-oriented culture within the unit, connecting the new upcoming UNDP Digital Workspace strategy with current theories and practices in Design Thinking, Service Design, and Customer Experience.
CompetenciesHas strong abilities in IT with an ability to translate technology to business users and to non-technical languageHas interest and understanding of customer-oriented service delivery, with focus on innovative enterprise solutions, collaboration, customer experienceHas interest and motivation in working in an international organizationHas good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data for practical implementationIs a self-starter and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set; good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities, effective when working in teams and independentlyDisplays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptabilityResponds positively to feedback and differing points of viewConsistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Required Skills and Experience
Conditions:In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan.You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme.Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark.The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.