The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking an experienced Technical Advisor to lead TB prevention and treatment interventions for an upcoming program in Mozambique. The program will provide technical assistance/mentorship and direct implementation of comprehensive, evidence-based and tailored HIV and TB prevention, care, support, and treatment interventions in established facilities in various provinces in Mozambique.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
The Advisor will ensure the implementation of TB and HIV/TB best practices in alignment with government and donor policies and procedures.
- Design and lead project Continuous Quality initiatives (CQI) and technical assistance to increase utilization and delivery of high quality TB prevention and treatment services (screening of TB with other testing, HIV/TB integration).
- Design and lead project initiatives to scale up TB prevention and treatment services.
- Develop and/or update TB prevention and treatment strategies, guidelines, in-service training approaches/curricula, standard-operating procedures and job aids as needed.
- Provide technical assistance in TB prevention and treatment at national, provincial, district, facility and community level.
- Develop a framework and implement PT for microscopy and Gene-Xpert.
- Provide direction for upgrading and establishing TB reference labs towards accreditation.
- Support and strengthen an effective specimen collection and transportation system and its scalability in-country including coordination with relevant partners and other programs.
- Participate in and provide technical assistance to national and regional TB prevention and treatment Technical Working Groups (TWG), task teams, workshops, and campaigns.
- Ensure TB prevention and treatment activities effectively incorporate and consider gender and stigma reduction programming and are linked with HIV prevention, testing, care, treatment, and support activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the various TB prevention and treatment partners.
- MS in epidemiology or microbiology or MPH; with clinical degree (MD, nursing) or PhD in Epidemiology or microbiology preferred.
- At least 7 years experience in implementing TB programs, with at least 3 in HIV/TB programs.
- Experience in capacity building e.g. developing content, planning, and facilitating training and providing technical assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with senior level representatives and high level government officials of international and in-country governmental and non-governmental agencies, multilateral and bilateral organizations
- Familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Fluency in both English and Portuguese
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.