The Senior Technical Advisor for Supply Chain Management is the lead technical specialist responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all SAFEMed supply chain activities, especially as they relate to the Ukraine HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) programs. The STA provides technical leadership and direction for the development and implementation of innovative strategies and activities to support the strengthening of supply management systems in Ukraine.
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH, Center of Public Health, and local partners in the area of pharmaceutical management and policy/legislation as it relates to the Supply Chain.
- Guide and oversee the work of technical consultants (both internal and external) to ensure they have what they need to carry out their work and ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely and quality manner.
- Develop Scopes of Work for external consultants and monitor their progress to achieve deliverables.
- Lead team with members from both within MSH and outside to ensure project objectives are reached even if team members are not the STA’s direct reports.
- Serve as key liaison with the MOH and Center of Public Health on key PEPFAR-related areas.
- Supervise Technical Advisor and coordinate activities with other Senior Technical Advisors on the project.
- Work with the Project Director and technical team to develop and implement work plans and budgets that integrate supply chain objectives with broader SAFEMed activities.
- Work with the administrative team to provide them with the information and budgets needed to support the logistical needs for supply chain activities in a timely manner.
- Write technical reports in English and/or Ukrainian as required and edit and provided comments on reports generated by technical consultants.
- Develop and make presentations on technical pharmaceutical supply chain issues to high ranking members.
- Represent the SAFEMed at various technical meetings with other cooperating agencies, collaborating partners, senior government officials, and/or donor agencies.
- Collaborate with the MOH, CPH, and implementing partners to assure that effective and efficient supply chain systems are in place for HIV/AIDS, TB medicines, and other key commodities.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening national and regional level pharmaceutical supply chains, and building expertise in monitoring and supervision in collaboration with the MOH and other relevant team members and partners.
- Develop clear strategy on the private sector engagement as part of HIV/AIDS Response in Ukraine.
Reporting and Metrics
- Monitor and document progress of activities toward achieving results of supply chain work stream of the approved SAFEMed Annual Implementation Plan (AIP).
- Contribute to regular quarterly and annual reports for USAID/Ukraine, and in any other reporting requirements for the SafeMed as needed.
- Undertake other relevant activities as requested by the Country Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- A postgraduate education in a field of study closely related to the assigned responsibilities required.
- 7 years of related experience in the area of procurement and other aspects of supply chain is required, especially in the areas of HIV/AIDS and TB.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced degree in pharmacy, law, medicine, business administration, or related field with background in public health/procurement.
- At least seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical supply chain management at the policy and/or implementation level with advanced knowledge of forecasting.
- Familiarity with public health, TB, and HIV/AIDS programming, data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Experience working with MOH and national level organizations.
- Knowledge of international commodity procurement systems and procedures.
- Strong project management and communication skills required.
- Experience in development of orders and decrees around pharmaceutical management.
- Previous experience working with the private sector is plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Ukrainian.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants; sound judgment and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
- Superb excel and power point skills.
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work, and establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.