World Vision USA is a part of the larger World Vision International partnership, a development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Globally, we have over 37,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries. Just over 900 of us call World Vision USA home.
The Job: World Vision USA is looking for a Senior Technical Advisor to advise on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health issues and support our rapid growth in the health international development space. You will support the US-based Business Development and World Vision National Offices overseas, to identify new opportunities among public, private and non-profit sources of funding. You will play a key role in supporting programming implementation in the field.
Help World Vision carry out our Christian organization's mission and strategy. You must be in agreement with and help to enhance World Vision’s Mission, Vision, and Values. You will personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
You’ll Bring These Skills:
- Master’s degree in public health, clinical (nursing, midwifery, medical doctor) degree strongly preferred.
- 10-15 years' relevant experience in RMNCA-H strongly preferred; at least 6 years required.
- Experience working with public health, RMNCA-H programs in a low- or middle-income country.
- Technical understanding of RMNCA-H, healthy timing and spacing of pregnancy, family planning, social norms/social and behavior change for RMNCA-H and gender transformative programming for women, adolescents and youth.
- Demonstrated experience in community-based programming and a continuum of care with health systems.
- Demonstrated experience developing/adapting global RMNCA-H program tools/guidance, leading technical learning, documentation, and knowledge management in RMNCA-H projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 40%.