Laterite is looking for an accomplished education researcher and project manager to lead our education work in Laterite’s Rwanda office.
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies.
Our network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The team brings together more than 55 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization. Learn more: www.laterite.com
About the role
This role will focus on deepening Laterite’s engagement in the education sector and leading our work on the Leaders in Teaching initiative, a long-term program funded by the Mastercard Foundation to support teachers in secondary schools in Rwanda to deliver high-quality, relevant education. Along with the REAL Centre at the University of Cambridge, Laterite leads research and learning for the initiative.
Within this context, the Senior Research Associate - Education will:
- Lead a portfolio of impactful education-focused research activities, in particular under the LIT initiative, in close collaboration with the REAL Centre at the University of Cambridge.
- Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and innovative research methods.
- Build successful partnerships with clients and stakeholders in the education sector and establish Laterite as a trusted partner.
- Manage the successful delivery of activities according to timelines, budget and research objectives.
We are looking for an accomplished education researcher who combines excellent technical skills with experience in project and team management.
Our future colleague has:
- A postgraduate degree (master’s or above) in Education, Economics, , Public Policy, International Development or a related field with a strong component of quantitative data analysis
- Motivation to work in education research in Rwanda
- At least 5 years of work experience in public policy, economic and social research or management consulting, with a focus on the education sector
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex research projects, involving data collection and field teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in STATA is required.