Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Senior Reading and Curriculum Advisor for an exciting, innovative anticipated USAID-funded education project that seeks to improve learning outcomes for children in primary education across the country of Mozambique.
The Senior Reading and Curriculum Advisor will provide technical leadership and guidance to the program strategy and direct implementation plan for the program, focusing interventions on ensuring high quality, technically sound and locally contextualized solutions are embedded in to the core of project delivery. Working with program leadership, USAID and the Government of Mozambique, the Advisor will ensure activities directly align to the policies and procedures within the local school system and focus on empowering local counterparts to be educated, equipped and empowered to serve children across Mozambique. This individual will ensure activities expand teacher support, strengthen curriculum, extend teaching and learning materials, improve delivery systems and align with Government and community standards related to language of instruction and inclusion. Expertise in curriculum design, lesson planning, instructional approach, teacher professional development, classroom level assessment will be critical to support program outcomes.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior Reading and Curriculum Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Lead in the design and roll-out of curriculum and curriculum-supportive changes for improvement of school-based instruction and support to children
- Lead in the design of technical teaching and learning materials, guidebooks and supportive technical tools, to improve teacher capacity and increase learning outcomes in children;
- Provide technical leadership to the project team, the client, and other stakeholders on high-quality and developmentally appropriate learning interventions;
- Supervise and ensure technical quality and relevance in the production of activity-supported materials, trainings, coaching, and student assessments;
- Provide leadership in organizing curation and authoring of materials that are leveled and differentiated to meet learning needs;
- Ensure that activities and approaches across geographic areas are complementary and equitable, including targeting underserved populations and those in need of inclusive education;
- Liaise with government representatives and technicians on technical matters; and
Manage, lead, and mentor technical staff.**Qualifications**
Master's Degree or higher in education, preferably with a specialty in early grade literacy;
Minimum eight (8) years of experience in instructional development and support to education programs;
Minimum eight (8) years of experience improving educational quality in developing countries;Mozambique preferred.
Demonstrated experience improving evidence-based education programming including rural, multilingual, and underserved populations;
Prior experience with the development and implementation of evidence-based education materials, and preferably materials in local languages, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including Early Grade Reading Assessment;
Prior experience with supporting civil society-based monitoring of reading outcomes highly desired;
Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English required; and Portuguese desired.