Senior Monitoring Specialist, USAID/Ethiopia Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Support Platform, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Ethiopia Collaboration, Learning and Adapting Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Platform contract, expected to be competed in the Summer of 2021. This anticipated project will serve as a follow-on to a current contract that supports the achievement of USAID/Ethiopia's Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its development objectives. The contract will support the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from rigorous monitoring and evaluation of its development activities; and with the strengthening of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Ethiopia. It will focus on deliberate learning, with the intention of driving program results faster than traditional MEL activities. The contract will also enhance the institutional capacity of host country and local partners to improve the MEL capacity, their accountability and their use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This contract is expected to support a 5-year project scheduled to begin in the Fall of 2021.
****Please note: Only Ethiopian citizens are eligible for this position. **
The Senior Monitoring Specialist will have primary responsibility for delivering the evaluation services needed for the USAID/Ethiopia CLA Contract. S/he will oversee design and management of all evaluations.
- Lead all performance monitoring assignments conducted under the contract, to include:
- Work directly with USAID to review monitoring and evaluation plans of implementing partners and recommend methods to strengthen performance indicators and data collection approaches.
- Work directly with USAID to refine the Mission's Performance Monitoring Plan.
- Work directly with USAID to manage and analyze performance data.
- Work directly with USAID Implementing Partners (IPs) to ensure data is being collected properly and meets USAID standards.
- Coordinate and supervise Data Quality Assessments.
- Plan and implement dissemination efforts for sharing results and findings of monitoring activities under the portfolio.
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and technical sophistication of services related to improving the integrity and usefulness of USAID/Ethiopia's monitoring and reporting systems.
- Recruit, orient and oversee work of short-term consultants to support performance monitoring assignments.
- Ensure all analysis and reporting comply with industry best practices and USAID requirements, including USAID ADS 201, ADS 579, USAID Data Quality Standards, etc. .
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and technological sophistication of monitoring services.
- Strengthen USAID/Ethiopia's efforts to draw contextual, programmatic and operational learning from its monitoring data.
- Master's degree in a social science, development studies, economics or related field preferred.
- Eight (8) years of direct experience developing and managing monitoring systems for international development organizations.
- Experience designing qualitative and quantitative data collection efforts, and analyzing and reporting data, preferably across technical sectors.
- Experience integrating USAID's CLA initiative into MEL programming preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience managing staff carrying out monitoring efforts.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in statistics and computations analysis preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and Amharic required.
- Strong skills in providing robust and easy-to-understand data visualizations.
- Quality past performance references
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=7859