The Programme Manager supports the American Red Cross Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Regional Delegation and Country Representatives in development and execution of disaster preparedness, response and recovery programming in accordance with the AmRC International Services Department (ISD) strategic direction. The primary responsibility of the Programme Manager is the design and implementation of high-quality programs, ensuring they are relevant, effective and efficient. The Programme Manager is responsible for all aspects of AmRC LAC programs including identification of needs, ensuring alignment with ISD and Red Cross Movement strategies, planning, budgeting, mobilizing resources, implementing, monitoring, and reporting to achieve impact and successful closure and/or transition. The Programme Manager works closely with LAC country representatives and program focal points throughout the region and with counterparts at HQ in Washington, DC. The Programme Manager represents the Regional Representative as needed.
Based in Panama City, Panama, this position will support existing and future AmRC countries of operation in addition to ad hoc projects across the region. The Programme Manager reports to the Regional Representative and maintains close, collaborative relationships with multiple HQ and field-based counterparts to ensure compliance with AmRC standards, practices and policies. This position also partners with IFRC and National Society staff to strengthen and ensure close collaboration and cooperation among Movement partners in addressing program needs as guided by the AmRC ISD strategic direction.
- Relevant university degree related to international humanitarian programming
- Certification in Project Management - Preferred
- Five years minimum experience in implementing projects with international funding or in a humanitarian aid organization; Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
- Disaster preparedness, response and recovery programming experience
- Experience in administrative, procurement, strategic, programmatic and financial planning and execution
- Expertise in project planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting;
- Experience with and knowledge of compliance and reporting requirements for USAID, other US government funding entities and/or private donors
- Significant supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Ability to lead diverse teams of employees, volunteers and partners at all levels of humanity in complex environments;
- Ability to manage staff remotely Commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement: Humanity, Neutrality, Independence, Impartiality, Volunteer Service, Universality, Unity
- Results-oriented, attention to detail, ability to work effectively under pressure and comfort in fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to excellent internal and external customer service
- Skilled user of computer packages in Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and data management programs.
- Availability to travel internationally on short notice
- Fluently written and spoken in English and Spanish