Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International seeks a Senior Innovations, Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment Officer for the anticipated USAID-funded youth workforce development, employment and inclusion opportunity in Honduras. Senior Innovations, Entrepreneurship, and Youth Employment Officer provides visionary technical oversight and guidance to the Activity regarding innovations, entrepreneurship, and youth employment. The Officer is expected to spearhead youth social entrepreneurship and youth enterprises implemented with Positive Youth Development principles.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Employment Officer will report to the Chief of Party (COP) or the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
- Provide visionary technical oversight and guidance to the Activity regarding innovations, entrepreneurship and youth employment;
- Spearhead youth social entrepreneurship and youth enterprises with Positive Youth Development principles;
- Advise the program in developing strategies and plans to improve the economic participation rate of youth and women and systemic changes within the labor force;
- Lead the development of strategies and interventions that promote the economic and social empowerment of youth, especially young women;
- Serve as a key member in guiding the effective activity implementation and achievement of youth objectives;
- Guide youth entrepreneurship, self-employment, promotion of youth-led economic activities, apprentice programs and youth enterprises;
- Collaborate with all cross-cutting and technical teams to track progress and ensuring targets are met;
- Oversee the analysis of research and support field assessments to identify age- and gender-specific challenges and opportunities for youth engagement in economic opportunities;
- Work with the M&E specialist to ensure that data is age-disaggregated, and that youth impacts and resource utilization are tracked, monitored and analyzed and reported;
- Strengthen service data/monitoring to ensure that youth and gender inequities are tracked, and appropriate response strategies are implemented.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires MBA or similar or relevant degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in high-level management in workforce development, jobs creation and/or placement, in a context of innovative, entrepreneurial youth enterprises, with background in Positive Youth Development;
- Demonstrated experience working in the workforce development sector in the LAC region
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English
- Native proficiency in Spanish is required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.