Design publications, presentations, infographics, websites, and other communications materials, digital and otherwise, for MSH, supporting the organization’s corporate needs and projects.
Oversee all Design Projects from Concept to Deliverable (50%)
- Direct the design and layout of all project deliverables and communications materials under the supervision of the Senior Editor.
- Lead the graphic design and branding for the maintenance of existing MSH websites and for the creation of any new websites (both corporate and project).
- Maintain a library of corporate and project-specific branding guidelines and train staff on their application in various formats (e.g. web, print materials, social media).
- Execute layout and design for key project deliverables, such as training courses, white papers, and guidance documents.
- Conceptualize, create, and execute graphics for reporting and communications products.
- Review the work of other graphic designer(s) in the organization.
- Manage freelance designers.
- Ensure consistent branding and design integrity of project deliverables.
- Conceptualize and execute effective informational graphics.
- Apply advanced functions of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and related software to design, structure, and format reporting and communications products, including templates, reports, PowerPoints, brochures, newsletters, flyers, and websites.
Ensure MSH's Visual Presentation is Up to Date and Cutting Edge (15%)
- Refresh and update MSH’s visual presentation to reflect our innovative approach.
- Create templates, designs, and other visuals to ensure that our presentation is consistent, coherent, and audience-centered across our projects.
- Advise the organization on best principles, effective use, and innovations in design.
Implement Branding and Design on Social Media Platforms (10%)
- Work with the communications team to provide technical support, publishing, and development of effective and relevant visual social media content to increase the visibility of MSH and its programs.
- Coordinate with team members to promote publications and use of content for MSH corporate and project-level social media accounts.
- Produce compelling graphics, videos, and other visually engaging material that encourage sharing on social media.
Oversee Design and User Experience on External Websites (25%)
- Oversee the design and user experience on all MSH websites to improve knowledge management and promote the company and programs.
- Design and apply online templates for platforms using Drupal and WordPress.
- Coordinate with the communications team, including Senior Specialist Digital Communications, to create and maintain content across platforms.
- Produce compelling images and other visual content for the web that accurately convey the technical work of our projects.
- Provide guidance and oversight to consultants to improve plug-ins, resolve technical issues, and implement new web features.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts.
- Bachelor of Arts in graphic design or related field.
- 6 years.
- Experience in government, international development, or nonprofit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, MS Office suite, and Adobe creative suite.
- Strong working knowledge of design using web CMSs; WordPress and Drupal experience is required.
- Experience with design for social media and digital media and marketing required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain organizational and project brands across all platforms and materials.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills, able to problem solve, and work with field offices on numerous projects. Take initiative and work well both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to learn and execute complex workflow procedures.
- Ability to assess priorities, work gracefully under pressure with multiple deadlines, and manage projects through to their successful completion with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated good decision making.
- Ability to work efficiently and promote collaboration within remote, international team.
- Travel requirements: no travel.