We are seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to oversee the organization's global compensation and benefits strategy. This person will assist the Chief HR Officer in planning, developing, and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures. They will also ensure that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and local government regulations for the countries Living Water works within.
These principles guide and identify us as colleagues and representatives of Living Water:
- Honor God
- Develop People
- Pursue Excellence
- Be Good Stewards
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt, and non-exempt compensation programs) for US-based staff and International Assignees, including the processing, recording, and reporting of compensation-related actions taken on salaried employee.
- Manage the administration of US employee benefits in accordance with applicable federal and state laws: 403(b), health insurance, dental and vision, COBRA, etc.
- Vendor Management – Hay/Birches/International SOS/MetLife, etc.; negotiate benefits coverage services and costs with carriers.
- Analyze the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Responsible for the processing of company payroll and corporate time and attendance. Ensures accurate calculation of wages, tax withholding, and company deductions. Ensures proper governmental reporting and compliance.
- Manage the HR component of the monthly US and global country office close process, including payroll reconciliations and quarterly accruals.
- Supervise the participation in and conduct both US and country office employee salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Conduct market surveys and job analysis to ensure Living Water maintains competitive pay rates according to the compensation philosophy.
- Advise management on compensation actions for the organization’s policies.
- Establish global salary structures, and prepare policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation.
- Lead on the HR side of the organizational budgeting process.
- Ensure programs are current with regard to trends, practices, and costs.
- Maintain knowledge of government regulations, benefit program trends, and practices among similar organizations.
- Work with accounting, legal, and tax departments to ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with all tax laws.
- Maintain a working knowledge of international, country, federal, and state legislation influencing human resources practices.
- Oversee the development and implementation of new benefit policies and procedures including onboarding and employee transitions in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Manage global annual merit and COLA increase process.
- Manage HR component of grant proposals.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to compensation and benefits.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent (emphasis in Management and Human Resources preferred)
- 5+ years relevant work experience in compensation and benefits
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience processing payroll; experienced working with ADP Workforce Now or similar payroll software
- International non-profit experience
- A leading candidate will have the following competencies:
- Multi-cultural communication skills and experience
- Effective time management
- Conflict resolution skills
- Organizational awareness
- Relationship management
- Critical thinking and data literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
More about Living Water
Living Water International exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water and to experience “living water”—the gospel of Jesus Christ—which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. We mobilize churches and communities through water access, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) interventions to increase the physical, spiritual, and social wellbeing of the most vulnerable in communities around the world. With over 300 global staff, we currently work in 18 countries and have provided access to safe water to nearly 6.5 million people.
- Flexible schedules. Please note that due to COVID-19 challenges, this role may be remote at first leading to a hybrid work environment (subject to change).
- Generous PTO, vacation and holidays
- Retirement/403(b) with match
- Medical, vision and dental benefits
- Group Life, LTD and AD&D (Employer paid)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Spiritual care and formation program
- Employee assistance program
- Casual dress code