Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The main purpose of the position is to provide technical support in the Accounting process through financial reporting and internal control management.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the finance in preparing the financial reports timely and accurate and providing the Acting Head of Finance and Operations with information for stakeholder use.
· Ensuring the internal controls within the computerized accounting systems are safeguarded and working well.
· Ensuring all financial documents from the field are timely and accurately posted for the purposes of generating Grant and National Office financial reports.
· Responsible for managing the fixed assets register and all accounting requirements in the assets management e.g. reconciliation of assets with the Accounting system records.
· Reviewing all payments in line with the laid down policies and procedures before approval for payment is done.
· Generating financial analyses based on the monthly financial reports and providing guidance to the Acting Head of Finance and Operations on major accounting issues that require redress.
· Ensuring that fund requests are received, reviewed, analyzed and disbursed within the given timeframe.
· Ensuring that all statutory payments are made on time as required by law.
· Periodically reviewing the balance sheet accounts and ensuring they are kept current and can be easily identified and reconciled.
· Ensuring that accounting system routine run efficiently and any issues of concern brought the attention of the Acting Head of Finance and Operations for action.
· Review bank reconciliations and ensure they are prepared each month per finance procedures.
· Tracking the employee advances regularly and following up the recovery process or management action.
· Design financial analysis tools that can generate financial information for decision making based on the Accounting database.
· Backing up accounting data from the accounting system on a monthly basis and securing it as per laid down guidelines.
· Any other duties that are not specifically stated above but will necessarily come within the framework of your operation shall be assigned to you from time to time by the Acting Head of Finance & Operations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
-Bachelor of Commerce(Accounting/Finance), Bachelor of Business Administration
· Knowledge of Computer software – Microsoft Excel required. Knowledge of Serenic Navigator or other accounting software an added advantage
· Pro-activeness, creativity, assertiveness and analytical skills
· Integrity and Honesty.