Baytna Syria was launched in 2013 as a networking, training, and grant-making facility for Syrian civil society organizations, offering support to CSOs based inside Syria and the neighboring countries.
Baytna Syria is seeking to recruit a Senior Communication and Advocacy Officer (CAO) to develop & implement the communication strategy of Baytna Syria and take lead on advocacy efforts
Contract Type and Length: Long term employment
Candidate starting Date: ASAP
Job Location: Remote with ability to travel to Turkey and within Europe
Job Ref: BSHR.V01.20
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Develops key messages for different stakeholder extending Baytna Syria outreach to different audiences
Develops media/advocacy campaigns, drafts and disseminates newsletters, press releases in English and Arabic
Develops proper advocacy targets and leads on lobbying efforts
Manages Baytna Syria Website and Social Media outlets including creation of content in both English and Arabic.
Identifies and elaborates appropriate visibility material including written stories, video, web, etc. that can be developed by the communications, press, digital and social media teams
Prepares briefing papers and talking points as required, keeps accurate records of media activities, and produces reports on Baytna Syria
Assists in the preparation, writing and editing of different reports and assists in fundraising activities.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in communications / journalism / business management or any other relevant field of study. An MBA is a plus.
· At least 5 years of professional work experience in communication and media with at least 2 years in a managerial position.
· Ability to work in a team and to sometimes tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
· Excellent command of English and Arabic (both verbal and written). Turkish and/or French are a plus.
. Ability to travel
· Excellent knowledge of and expertise in advocacy theory and lobbying tactics and strategies.
· Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
· Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
· Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks · Experience of working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage