Senior Capacity Building Specialist, USAID/Ethiopia Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Platform Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Ethiopia Collaboration, Learning and Adapting Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Platform contract, expected to be competed in the Summer of 2021. This anticipated project will serve as a follow-on to a current contract that supports the achievement of USAID/Ethiopia's Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its development objectives. The contract will support the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from rigorous monitoring and evaluation of its development activities; and with the strengthening of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Ethiopia. It will focus on deliberate learning, with the intention of driving program results faster than traditional MEL activities. The contract will also enhance the institutional capacity of host country and local partners to improve the MEL capacity, their accountability and their use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This contract is expected to support a 5-year project scheduled to begin in the Fall of 2021.
The Senior Capacity Building Specialist will have primary responsibility for delivering capacity building and training activities to implementing partners (IPs) and USAID/Ethiopia staff under this CLA contract. The position will be full-time over the duration of the five-year project. It will be based in Addis Ababa.
****Please note: Only Ethiopian citizens are eligible for this position. **
- Assess capacity building needs of USAID and its partners related to MEL and CLA.
- Create and implement a capacity building and training program to meet the needs of USAID and its partners, focused on strengthening their ability to carry out high quality performance monitoring, data verification, and learning and adaptive management.
- Develop robust, easy-to-understand training materials and curricula.
- Oversee technical assistance to and mentoring of USAID staff and its partners as needed.
- Integrate USAID learning and adaptive management priorities into training.
- Track the results of training and capacity building services, including changes in knowledge and practices.
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and technological sophistication of capacity building services, which may be delivered in person or via remote platforms.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals, etc.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with USAID, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Strengthen USAID/Ethiopia's efforts to draw contextual, programmatic and operational learning from its monitoring, evaluation, analytical and assessment efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in a social science, development studies, economics or related field required. Masters preferred.
- Eight (8) years of demonstrated experience supporting MEL capacity building and training, particularly under USAID-funded projects or MEL support contract.
- Solid understanding of principles of adult learning.
- Strong background in training, organizational development and capacity building. .
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with Ethiopian counterparts and government officials.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and Amharic required.
- Quality past performance references
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=7858