Management Sciences for Health (MSH) seeks a Senior Advisor, PMDT for a potential 5 -year USAID-funded health program in Afghanistan.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
As the senior MDR-TB lead, provide technical assistance to the project counterparts in integrating the management of MDR-TB in the health system of the five main urban centers in Afghanistan. S/he will ensure that MDR-TB is appropriately addressed in the overall integrated health project strategy and implementation plans. S/He will actively participate in the national PMDT Technical Working Groups(TWGs) led by MoPH, providing assistance in the design/ revision of the MDR-TB related policies, strategies, develop annual plan, budgets as well as monitoring of the integrated MDR-TB program. S/he will also assist in providing supportive supervision and mentorship to MDR-TB centers to improve the quality of patient management and treatment outcomes.
MD plus certificate in internal medicine or equivalent.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
Minimum 7 years of experience, including prior experience with TB, and MDR TB clinical and program management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and attention to detail.
- Previous USAID experience preferred.
- Ability to travel frequently to the project supported cities
Excellent written and oral communication skills both in local languages and English