CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2100883
Job Posting: 17/Mar/2021
Closure Date: Ongoing
Organizational Unit : DDCG
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Italy-Rome
Duration : 11 months (with possibility of extension
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by UN Member States in September 2015, and the subsequent UN development system reform both call for scaled-up action to support transformative change. The FAO strategy of Agri-food systems transformation meets this challenge by offering qualifying FAO Members and their development partners integrated policy support services, linking data and policy analysis, technical advisory services, robust partnerships that deliver means of implementation and scaled-up financing and investment. FAO seeks to address a number of well-known weaknesses of traditional development assistance. Relying on technical and policy officers in FAO country, regional and headquarters' offices, FAO Representatives are empowered to mobilize and lead state of the art support for FAO Member priorities for the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs. The key to success for this approach is FAO's ability to mobilize and help coordinate contributions from a wide variety of partners, including governments, donors, international financial institutions (IFIs), private sector, civil society and research institutions as well as UN country teams.
The Consultant/PSA will report directly to the Chief Economist.
The incumbent will provide support in policy and technical advice to the Chief Economist in designing, coordinating and monitoring activities in specific regional contexts, with a specific emphasis on the identification and development of partnerships and funding sources for priority countries in the relevant regions.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Economist, and in collaboration with the relevant units, including DDCG, and the Resource Mobilization and Private Sector Partnerships (PSR) Division and other relevant FAO units, the Senior Adviser will:
- Develop an strategy of qualitative assessments of progress of different initiatives implemented in priority countries.
- Develop an analysis of the policy and political situation of the countries in the region and provide analytical reports by priority country as requested by the Chief Economist.
- Develop a strategy to attract new partners for collaboration with the different countries in the region, including from universities, the private sector, research institutions and civil society organizations.
- Develop and coordinate an implementation of a fundraising strategy in priority countries in the region.
- Provide support to the Chief Economist to increase FAO activities in the region, including with international and regional financial institutions.
- Organize and participate in senior-level meetings with relevant stakeholders, at international and regional level.
- Draft and implement agreements, and Memoranda of Understanding and other relevant instruments for implementation of partnerships and collaborations.
- Work with local governments to coordinate activities to be implemented.
- Provide coordination support to the Chief Economist in other relevant activities, as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Development, International Relations or a related subject
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work.
- Extent and relevance of the monitoring and evaluation of major development initiatives.
- Extent and relevance of experience in international development, with specific emphasis on economic policy and finance, and on partnerships.
- Extent and relevance of experience in development and coordination of multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize resources.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list If you are in possession of language certificate/s from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT), please attach the certificate/s when submitting the application.For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENTcb7WiyP-owT1v