Reporting to and under the direction of the Program Manager/Site Coordinator, the Research Coordinator will conduct all steps of study screening, enrollment, data collection, and retention in accordance with site and study procedures. Responsibilities include, recruiting and screening potential study participants, collecting and updating locator information, administering study questionnaires, providing pre- and post-HIV test counseling, conducting HIV rapid testing and phlebotomy, tracking and scheduling follow up study visits, and actively retaining participants for follow up visits.
- Screens potential participants to determine eligibility for study participation, collects locator and demographic information, coordinates participant study visit activities and follow up including but not limited to scheduling visits, tracking scheduled follow up visits, provide reminder letters and calls for follow up visits and conducts other activities to retain study participants. Conducts face-to-face interviews, HIV pre-and-post counseling, risk reduction counseling, study drug adherence counseling, and performs HIV rapid testing and phlebotomy. Completes study specific data collection forms and maintains source documentation as per protocol guidelines.
- Oversees the collection and transport of study specimen to research lab and ensure timely request and delivery of study drug from the research pharmacy to the site. Refers participants to healthcare providers and other needed services in coordination with the research clinicians. Implements continuous quality improvement processes to ensure integrity of data collected and/or entered into study databases, and performs quality assurance activities in collaboration with the site’s Data Manager. Employs intensive strategies to track and retain study participants and re-engage participants missing study visits.
- Assist with community outreach activities, which may encompass, community education, intercepting people on the street or at other venues, contacting community organizations, promoting collaborative efforts among organizations/programs and stakeholders, and attending community advisory board (CAB) meeting and other relevant community meetings.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in research data collection involving human subjects
- HIV pre- and post-test counseling training and experience
- Risk reduction counseling training and experience
- Experience working with diverse, medically underserved populations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Demonstrated experience working in a team and independently
- Experience conducting face to face interviews
- Knowledge of New York City communities of Black men who have sex with men and transgender persons
- Phlebotomy skills a plus
No international travel required