Strategy and Insights
Based in Washington, DC or other PSI-approved location
Up to 10% international travel
Reports to the Head of Strategic Research and Learning
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it's global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
The Strategy & Insights team champions insight-driven prioritization across PSI, ensuring we are “doing the right things” even as we work on “doing things right.” The team promotes best practice in program design, marketing discipline, research, learning, and strategy development. The team works with other departments to systematically capture, synthesize, and share internal and external evidence, consumer and market insights, competitive market intelligence and program experience to guide global, market level, and program level strategy.
PSI seeks a Research Associate to provide coordination, management, compliance, and technical support for the S&I team. This role includes coordination and management of PSI's research portfolio and knowledge management platforms, technical engagement in strategic core-funded projects, and engagement in the development of concept notes and new business opportunities.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provide technical, management or coordination support on strategic research projects
- Coordinate core research processes at PSI, including Annual Research Plan (ARP) updates and verifying Standards for Excellence and Program Success (STEPS) . Work with country teams to ensure updates are made to the ARP periodically and that documentation is complete.
- Support verification of research documentation requirements and vetting the quality of source documentation for insights capture.
- Work with Research Ethics Board to ensure ethical guidance and training requirements are up to date and communicated. Support team in reviewing research determination forms. Document instances of non-compliance.
- Manage technical content on S&I SharePoint pages. Spearhead knowledge management initiatives for the department including conducting analysis on full research costs and implementation processes at the country, regional, and global level to better understand PSI research costs and timelines.
- Review and tag research aligned with PSI's Strategic Evidence Agenda (SEA) questions and support production of insights and external outputs from SEA-aligned research.
- Support onboarding and capacity building initiatives in ethics, PSI policies and guidelines, and research methods and tools.
- Assist with new business development opportunities by drafting and compiling components of proposals and concept notes and providing support such as editing and formatting.**Qualifications**
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (Public Health, International Development) plus minimum three years of relevant experience. Master's Degree preferred. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint and PowerPoint) required
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical content in accessible language.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience designing, collecting or analyzing quantitative and qualitative research data.
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in cleaning, managing and analyzing quantitative datasets using STATA preferred.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to develop routines and processes to manage workloads and organize work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
- References will be required
- French, Spanish or Portuguese language skills highly preferred
- The succesful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please create an account or log into your iCIMS account to apply.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.