Working under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Financial Monitoring & Planning, the Reporting and Financial Analyst develops and provides the information necessary to help ensure that ICAP fulfills its financial reporting obligations to all US Government donor agencies, private foundations, partners, and the relevant internal departments within Columbia University (CU). Develops and provides a range of financial information and reports to ICAP leadership for the purpose of decision making.
- Responsible for financial monitoring of assigned portfolio. Collaborate with country offices and NY HQ to respond to inquiries on reporting matters, identify and analyze errors, ensure that expenses are properly classified and appropriately charged to budgets/awards and ensure appropriate units are informed if corrections are needed - 25%
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly pipeline reporting, spending and burn rate ratios, distribute and communicate with internal project coordinators, Principle Investigators, finance director and in country finance managers - 25%
- Prepare annual Federal Financial Reports (FFR) for ICAP’s sponsored projects for submission to CU’s Sponsored Projects Finance (SPF). Prepare interim and/or periodic financial reporting request of a specialized nature as may be required by funders - 10%
- Prepare monthly and quarterly invoices to be submitted to donor agencies as outlined by the underlying sponsored project agreement - 15%
- Provide quarterly updates to planned fiscal spending estimates in the COB system - 10%
- Prepare quarterly budget vs. actual reporting of the status of grant activity as required by CUMC, and obtains PI attestation/certification - 10%
- Perform other duties as assigned - 5%
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent is education and experience plus three years of related experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with various internal ICAP units, other Columbia University departments and centers, as well as other stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment and independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access)
- 3+ years related experience
- Knowledge of the pre and post award management of government grants and contracts, with a heavy emphasis on the reporting requirements of the US government
- Knowledge and experience with the various financial systems of Columbia University
- Experience working in a multi-layered environment with a variety of reporting relationships and varying reporting responsibilities.
- Experience working in an environment where there are multiple and sometimes conflicting closing dates and timelines.
- Working knowledge of MS Access