The Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross) is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers in 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. The international engagement of NorCross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives. Internationally, NorCross operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement and has established regional and country offices to ensure decentralized decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
The role of the Results Management Coordinator is to strengthen Norwegian Red Cross' accountability through improving project management, the ability to measure and document planned and unplanned results.
Strengthen humanitarian needs analysis and results focus in all projects approved and implemented with Norwegian Red Cross funding support.
Support adherence to relevant core work processes in the region in line with best established practices and approved results framework.
· Ensures that the regional and country offices are updated on Norwegian Red Cross project management requirements, monitors compliance and recommends improvements.
· Provides support to country offices and relevant regional office staff to ensure best practices in project cycle management and systematic application of available technology.
· In coordination with country offices, supports selected National Society capacities to ensure adequate project design, base and end line surveys and monitoring procedures.
· Support Country Offices in application of NorCross technical standards within results-based management, including community engagement and accountability in NorCross supported projects.
· Upon request, plans and participates in project reviews, and supports the management response to the recommendations from internal reviews and external evaluations.
· Quality assures documentation and reporting of results submitted by regional and country offices.
· Collaborates with the Regional Finance Manager to ensure coherent financial and operational planning and data.
· Cooperates closely with other Results Management Officers, and “Coordinator - Programme Support” and “Coordinator Results, Planning and Monitoring” at the National Office.
We are looking for a person with the following competencies:
· quickly understands and analyses complex challenges and comes up with sound and rational solutions.
· acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for results.
· co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
· communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
· develops people through delegation, empowerment and coaching.
Personal qualifications, skills and knowledge:
· Knowledge of the humanitarian sector.
· Fluency in English, work proficiency in relevant regional languages an asset.
· Successful project management experience.
· Proven experience in applying best practices in project cycle management and the use of efficient, available technology.
· Higher education/ university degree in a relevant field of study.
· Formal qualifications in qualitative and quantitative methodologies is an asset.
Deputy Regional Representative Africa. The Deputy Rep is based in Nairobi.
Position is based in:
Nairobi, Kenya. The position is not a familiy post.
Type of contract:
24 months’ contract, possibility of extension.