General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Reporting to the HR Coordinator, the Recruitment Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the HR Coordinator and to other managerial staff in GOAL offices. This position demands excellent recruitment knowledge and strong organisational skills and ability to report accurately. The Recruitment Assistant performs a wide range of duties including some of the following:
- Ensures that GOAL’s HR policies are adhered to recruitment process.
- Assist and support Recruitment Manager for the day to day running of the base Recruitment
- Assist Recruitment Manager in hiring and screening candidates.
- Publishes the job advertisements on different channels that GOAL is using.
- Creates preliminary longlists for shortlisting-interview by comparing applicants’ relevant criteria specified in the Employee Request form.
- Arranges interviews by coordinating schedules of candidates and interviewers
- Attends interviews and coordinates other applicant testing measures
- Keep track of issues relevant to HR such as the introduction of new policies
- Ensure HR Coordinator is informed about any HR issues
- Turkish citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration or any other relevant major.
- At least 1 year of experience in Human resources, administration, or a similar role. Experience in working with INGO is asset.
- Fluent Arabic and English Language skills both written and spoken, knowledge of Turkish an advantage.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Good inter-personnel skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Diplomatic with a strong communication skills
- Experience in working with INGO an advantage.
Demonstrated understanding of and experience with policies, protocols, and procedures of international NGO’s and donor agencies
Arabic speaking and writing skills are highly desirable.
Proven reporting skills
Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
Advanced skills on Microsoft productivity programmes (i.e. Excel) is desirable.
Creative and open to learning.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.