- Monitoring of visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to the UN.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Provides general information to clients and visitors and answers to general enquiries.
- Maintenance and management of logs, arranging with vendors for regular maintenance and repair.
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage.
- Assistance in the administrative services of UN agencies such as ensuring courier services materials received and picked up.
- Ensure all mail management be received, acknowledged, opened based on protocol, sorted out and recorded accordingly.
- Support to administrative matters relating to common premises
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Collection and update of UN staff information on a monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate.
- Update of the UN House telephone list and UN Directory, Addresses of the Government, International Organizations, Embassies, and NGOs and other important contacts.
- Participation in training for the operations staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
- Good knowledge of general administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases, demonstrating attention to detail, identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to required standards
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Secondary education with 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of first degree.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) will be an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year, with possibility of renewal