Macfadden, now part of PAE, seeks a Receptionist to support USAID’s Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) Bureau. The receptionist will support one of ten offices under the DCHA Bureau.
- Maintains the orderly use of common areas and spaces
- Assists with onboarding of new staff with facilities access;
- Coordinates, plans, and supports meetings, conferences and work-related events;
- Maintains an active inventory of office furniture and equipment including consumables and office supplies;
- Ensures that all the equipment and other facilities are clean and in working order;
- Responds to staff requests concerning damages to equipment and the facility itself;
- Coordinates with building management to ensure smooth facilities operations;
- Coordinates with building management to ensure the safety of the building and staff from fire, flood and other hazards and update emergency evacuation plans periodically;
- Educates staff on the proper use and care of equipment;
- Assist Project Management Team with event planning and basic financial reconciliations;
- Assists with miscellaneous client requests as needed; and
- Responsible for maintenance of clean and functioning facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining an office equipment inventory system.
- Responsible for procurements as directed by the Operations Manager
- Provide professional and timely support for events.
- Backstopping receptionist and conducting mail runs as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: One year of office experience.
Required Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills and attention to detail. Proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs
Preferred Skills: Experience with facilities operations, working in fast paced environments, and/or previous positions in customer service
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.