1. JOB PURPOSE
To be responsible for supporting the Regional Director in the development of IPPFAR’s Organizational strategy and operational policies; (General policy formulation is a function of policy makers – EXCO) monitoring implementation thereof and compliance; and performance management.
To serve as the Chief Advisor to the Regional Director on organisational strategy; operational policy and organisational performance matters; for the purpose of ensuring that through its record of performance with respect to the delivery of quality, efficient and effective services; IPPAR maintains its position as the leader in SRHR on the continent.
2. KEY TASKS
• Work closely with the RD on the development of a strategy (ies); operational policies and procedures that enhance IPPF’s operational effectiveness.
• Support the RD in leading processes aimed at the establishment of an accountability framework for IPPFAR ensuring that the framework is aligned to and is coherent with Federation-wide standards of organizational performance and accountability.
• Monitor implementation of the organisation’s strategy(ies); compliance with policies, systems and procedures; rules and regulations in order to harness the synergy necessary for “delivering” at an optimal level of excellence.
• Provide leadership and direction in organisational performance and accountability matters (governance; accreditation; management; YAM and volunteering) and work closely with Technical Departments/Units responsible for the respective portfolios.
• Provide leadership and direction in activities that enhances the organisation’s knowledge base; expertise and skills (research; organisational learning; knowledge management and other capacity building initiatives.
• Consultation with relevant Departments/Units; review existing tools for monitoring organisational performance and accountability; lead process for their revision and/or the development of new ones; to ensure a coherent approach and uniformity in the pursuit of “results-based performance” to enable IPPFAR to realise the change goal; “Deliver”.
• Coordinate IPPFAR long-term strategic and oversee annual operational planning processes using the evidence-based approach in related decision-making processes.
• Promote an organisational work culture of performing for results in which reports are primarily perceived as tools for monitoring self-performance; and they are timely produced and submitted to relevant stakeholders.
• Regularly and systematically scan the operating environment for threats and opportunities; keep abreast of new developments in the said environment; share and disseminate information on such developments; to ensure that IPPFAR stays afloat in a ever increasing competitive environment.
• Represent IPPFARO at technical meetings, seminars and/or conferences to keep abreast of new knowledge and best practices in Organisational Development; Performance and Accountability in other IPPF regions; Academic institutions and/or international Development Communities of Practice.
• Promote an organisational work culture of continuous learning; accountability and excellence in organisational performance.
• To carry out any other duties as shall from time to time be required by the supervisor.
For more details on the job description visit www.ippfar.org
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
*CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THEIR APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POST, DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY*
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disability and people openly living with HIV.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).