- Undertake research to identify best practices.
- Help to locate and access knowledge and expertise.
- Provide prompt and high-standard technical inputs to partner institutions
- Proactively initiate and stimulate dialogue around technical issues with staff in partner organizations.
1. Document the processes and procedures for performing systematic assurance and reconciliation services on Payroll management.
- Review existing processes and procedures related to the Monitoring Agent (MA) exercise and current reconciliation measures and practices.
- Analyze current practices for compliance with quality standards for monitoring and oversight and due diligence
- Document end-to-end processes for systematic assurance and reconciliation services; develop (additional) procedures and templates, if needed
- Ensure that coordination meetings to discuss the MA reports are held regularly according to an agreed calendar
- Ensure clarity on quality criteria and timelines for the provision of supporting documents for assurance and reconciliation activities
- Ensure MOI participation in assurance and reconciliation activities, in order to strengthen national ownership of these processes and their outcome
- Ensure that the MOI leadership is informed through formal channels on the outcomes of the monthly assurance and reconciliation exercises
- Prepare regular briefings for the TWG following the completion of the monthly assurance and reconciliation exercises
- Ensure clarity with donors and other stakeholders through the TWG on assurance and reconciliation processes
- Prepare responses to specific information requests from donors and other stakeholders (such as SIGAR, UNDP HQ and Regional Center) on assurance and reconciliation queries
- Perform assurance and reconciliation activities alongside national project staff
- Ensure shared understanding with national project staff and MOI staff on the application of assurance and reconciliation procedures and quality criteria and standards
- Mentor national project staff in application of assurance and reconciliation procedures, identify capacity needs and provide on-site training to both national project staff and MOI staff where needed. focus of the Project.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, political science, public administration, or other relevant field from an accredited college or university
- With master’s degree 5 years of practical experience and with bachelor’s 7 years of experience in public administration reform, rule of law, governance and project management
- Direct experience in providing monitoring and oversight functions, preferably within public administration and/or complex project management contexts
- Experience with managing projects and performing quality assurance functions, previous experience with the design of processes and procedures is a strong asset
- Previous experience from working with a UN Organization is an asset
- Background in auditing at a senior level is desirable
- Past experience from working in conflict affected countries
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One Year