Req ID: QUALI02092
Posted Date: 2020-06-16
Schedule: Full Time
Location: Cairo, Egypt EGY
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates is seeking a Quality Assurance and Accreditation Manager (QAAM) for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt's Skilled Workforce activity. The QAAM will report to the Objective 1 Lead, providing programmatic management, design and implementation support for strengthening the capacity of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) systems and curricula in Egypt. S/he will support the Objective 1 Lead in all technical and management aspects specific to quality assurance and accreditation and ensure that all appropriate technical requirements are met.
This activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt's technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Quality Assurance and Accreditation Manager will report to the Objective 1 Lead based in Cairo, Egypt
- Liaise with Objective 1 lead to identify gaps in TVET Systems regarding quality assurance and accreditation;
- Support the Objective 1 Lead in programmatic design, intervention and capacity building for TVET schools, Government of Egypt (GoE), advocacy groups and other support entities in order to improve and streamline quality of programming offered;
- Support the overall development of a quality assurance and accreditation system that guarantees the quality of TVET institutions and programs;
- Support improving skills of TVET agents to comply with the new quality standards;
- Ensure that program components are results-oriented, ensure high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting;
- Ensure the timely preparation of required reports and technical deliverables as defined by the Objective 1 lead and Deputy Chief of Party- Technical;
- Manage and delegate tasks to Quality Assurance and Accreditation Specialists and provide technical guidance as needed;
- Work with the Objective 1 Lead to improve programmatic implementation processes throughout the lifetime of project; and
Other tasks as assigned by the Objective 1 Lead.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in international development, economics, business, education, or other relevant field, Master's Degree highly preferred;
At least eight (8) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs of a similar scope and scale, of which four (4) years must be working experience in the MENA region;
Demonstrated technical knowledge in TVET systems, quality assurance, GoE regulations and policy or related fields;
Demonstrated ability to manage program work teams;
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, and to liaise as needed with donor and home office personnel to ensure the smooth implementation of the contract;
Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken, high desired.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Experience effectively integrating gender equality, female empowerment, and social inclusion into development projects.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)