Founded in 2012, The Syria Justice and Accountability Centre (SJAC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting meaningful justice for Syria that holds perpetrators accountable and addresses the grievances of victims, leading to lasting peace and respect for human rights.
As part of its missing persons program, SJAC collaborates with Syrian families of missing persons who are advocating for the truth about their loved ones’ fates. SJAC is seeking a psychologist who can provide group and individual therapy sessions to families in order to help them process their grief and prepare to share their stories publicly. This will include approximately four group sessions throughout 2020, as well as individual sessions as needed.
- BA or advanced degree in psychology, therapy, or related field.
- Experience working with victims of trauma, including survivors of violent conflict
- Experience conducting both individual and group therapy sessions.
- Knowledge of the Syrian context.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic.