Fixed term contract - 10 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Nigeria
Our mission in Nigeria has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Today, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What about the Protection and Psychosocial Support Project Manager Nigeria ?
As Protection Project Manager, you will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of all Protection activities in the project, and you will manage PUI’s Human and Financial Resources dedicated to the Protection activities.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Programs: You will ensure qualitative implementation and monitoring of Protection program(s) falling under your responsibility, while respecting PUI’s codes of conduct, PUI’s protection operational framework, and applying the key principles of protection mainstreaming. You will participate to strengthen and monitor the internal and external referrals system. You will contribute to ongoing knowledge building efforts regarding program methodologies, lessons learnt and challenges.
- Team management and capacity building: You will supervise the Protection Team (PUI salaried employees and, as the case may be, daily paid workers), support capacity building of the project team as appropriate and training activities on the basis of identified needs. You will suggest modifications in terms of Protection team organizational chart and ensure protection trainings to PUI identified staff.
- Logistics and Finance: You will ensure compliance of activities falling under your responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures. You will coordinate with the Logistic and Finance teams to mobilize effectively the resources allocated to the protection activities supervised. You will be responsible for the activity budget lines of his/her project budget and for following-up on the expenditures while providing monthly budget forecast.
- Representation and coordination: Upon request from your supervisor, you will represent PUI and coordinate in the area with partners, authorities, donors and local stakeholders involved in the implementation of Protection activities.
- Strategy: You will contribute to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
- Safety and Security: You will contribute to compliance with security rules within the mission, especially by the program team under your management, and communicate any security/safety-related information to the base Security Focal Point.
The challenges that await you :
1 - Integrated project with 2 big components; 2 - Diverse team 3 - Highly volatile context
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master‘s degree from an accredited academic institution in relevant field: International Law, International Relations, Humanitarian Assistance, Social Work…
- Experience : Strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience as a manager of humanitarian projects in the protection sector, you also have a strong experience in community based protection activities / individual Protection / GBV case management, and a previous experience with setting up protection information management systems and knowledge of protection information management processes and activities. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master project development and management, you have excellent writing, planning and organizational skills. You demonstrate a good understanding of UN and NGO mandates and programs in the humanitarian responses, post conflict construction and development/resilience. Knowledge in Protection processes will be valued.
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally, you have a high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive protection information. You demonstrate responsibility, initiative, alertness, analytical skills, the ability to prioritize and to delegate. You show a good team spirit, commitment to support/develop capacity of your team and strong managerial skills. You also have a general ability to work in volatile and secluded contexts.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« A great opportunity to save lives and improve living conditions of populations affected by one the most complex conflicts currently ongoing. A very diverse position across 2 sectors and several components with great colleagues and partners. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 1 815,00 - 2 145,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?