- Reports to: Project Manager
- Project reference: 00122350
- Budgeted Level: SC9
- Research and present information on global and regional trends, related data and indicators, and emerging issues in the field of anti-corruption and more broadly related governance areas, such as public administration, justice, and human rights.
- Review, monitor, and analyze governance and anti-corruption policies and programs in Lebanon and related reform efforts including but not limited to legislative and executive actions
- Identify issues and good practices, and align them to propose corrective actions and reform recommendations in different areas and sectors
- Draft and review technical and concept notes, policy reports, background papers, and other written outputs as requested
- Review, edit and translate technical content necessary for successful project implementation
- Coordinate and follow-up with resource persons and project stakeholders to ensure their timely inputs to project activities and the establishment of networks that support the achievement of project results
- Coordinate with the Regional Programme and other CO related outputs on different aspects of project implementation
- Undertake and coordinate all technical aspects, as applicable, for the successful organization of project activities in an efficient and effective manner
- Gather and disseminate all related information from different channels and sources to relevant parties
- Strengthen the incorporation of gender and youth lenses in the design and implementation of project knowledge outputs and activities
- Fulfill any other related task as requested and guided by the Project Manager
- Extensive knowledge of Lebanese political, social, and economic contexts, as well as current challenges
- Solid knowledge of anti-corruption concepts, standards and practices, including the UN Convention against Corruption, as well as the related institutional and legislative landscape in Lebanon
- Strong ability to draft, edit, and produce policy papers and technical briefs
- Displays cultural, gender, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven versatility and ability to adapt to complex, volatile and demanding working environment.
- Dedication to the principles of UNDP, especially of its mission, vision, values, and working in a culture of neutrality
- Fluent in the use of computers, MS Office (namely, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and online research facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree in Law, Public Policy, Political Science, Economics, or any other related field.
- At least six years of relevant professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree or four years with a Masters degree.
- Proven experience in the area of anti-corruption, and more broadly governance.
- Experience with UN agencies and/or Lebanese public administration is required.
- Solid experience in policy analysis and drafting
- Proven experience in planning, teamwork, and project coordination
- Proven experience in working with a wide range of partners (public institutions, private sector, donors, civil society)
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required. Knowledge of French is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension