This role will work closely with the Project Manager to support the smooth start-up and coordination of a new Strategic Communications Initiative to be implemented in Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania.
In particular, this person will work closely with IPPF Member Associations in Tanzania, Kenya and Nigeria to support the ‘research and testing’ phase within the project, including conducting a mapping of potential local researcher partners. The project will work with other departments and units in IPPF ARO to ensure the project aligns with other relevant work in advocacy and communication and leverages any possibilities therein.
As a member of a global team, and Federation, this role will also support the documentation and sharing of project learnings across IPPF Global Structures. This role will be responsible for logistics and other administrative and practical tasks that will be required throughout the first year of the project set-up and delivery, particularly in relation to the project inception workshop and subsequent national workshops.
Research and testing support
• Working closely with the Member Associations involved in the project, lead a mapping of potential research partners for the project
• Working with the ARO Performance Manager and research partner(s) support the contextualisation of the project’s research methodology
• Support to other ad hoc practical research tasks as required e.g. advising on localised message testing. Advocacy and communications
• Identify linkages and ensure (where possible) project alignment with other relevant advocacy and communication work at IPPF ARO, embedding new communications approaches to amplify impact.
• Identify linkages with other projects within the Program department to amplify results
• Support the documentation and sharing of project learnings across IPPF Global Structures.
Global working on a project start-up
• While based in IPPF ARO, this role will work closely with the Project Manager based at the IPPF European Network in Brussels, and Member Associations in Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania, alongside other project partners e.g. research consultant(s) where necessary.
• This role will be expected to be responsive to global ways of working e.g. proactive approach to email responses, take part in regular skype calls etc.
• As this is a project start-up, ad hoc coordination tasks may arise as the project advances, to be agreed with the Project Manager.
• Training and capacity building of MAs in strategic communications for SRHR
• Uphold the IPPF Code of Conduct.
Logistics and administrative support
• Lead the logistics and planning for the project inception workshop in Kenya as well as any meeting/missions related to the project.
• Working closely with the lead Member Associations, support the smooth coordination of the subsequent national workshops to be held in the three focus countries.
• Working closely with ARO Perform unit to organize regular Organization learning sessions on identified good practices as the project is implemented
• Ongoing administrative and logistical support as the project requires.