Cameroon faces escalating crises that threaten the relative peace and security the country has enjoyed since independence. This presents risks to impact several key overall development indicators, including education and socio-economic welfare.
Search and our local partner, Local Youth Corner (LOYOC), have designed an innovative 24-month project to foster trust building and collaboration among and between citizens, law enforcement, and justice sector actors in Cameroon. LOYOC, an experienced local civil society organization, will lead implementation, capitalizing on their extensive experience across Cameroon. We will combine an iterative series of capacity building, trust building activities, and platforms for dialogue and joint action planning to meet the project goal and objectives. In addition, local ownership and respect to culture, religion, and traditions are streamlined throughout all activities and approaches, in order to maximize impact and promote sustainability.
To this end, Search is looking for a Project Manager for the implementation of its activities in Cameroon.
Key Area 1: Project management, planning, reporting and budget management.
The Project Manager is in charge of the overall implementation of the project, including managing the subaward LOYOC. In Cameroon, he is directly responsible for the planning and implementation of Search for Common Ground activities, as well as subaward management and monitoring of LOYOC activities.
The Project Manager is responsible for :
- Develop budgeted work plans and implementation schedule, ToRs of activities, funding requests;
- Plan and monitor the implementation of project activities in the target regions ;
- Ensure that the implementation of the program complies with Search and contractual agreements, policies and procedures;
- Oversee subaward project implementation, monitor progress towards results
- Strengthen LOYOC capacities in project management, Common Ground approach and tools,… as revealed by the partner’s capacity assessment
- Support the partner to develop methodology of project activities to ensure they are implemented in a conflict sensitivity manner and along the Common Ground approach
- Monitor the BvA and the actual/planned project expenditure, submit expenditure reports and supporting documents after a careful check of form, substance and quality;
- Produce quality narrative reports, success stories, testimonials, analyses of the progress of the implementation of activities in the field, and the results achieved by the action.
- Work in close collaboration with the political-administrative and security authorities of the area for the adaptation and implementation of the activities planned by the project.
Key Area 2: External representation.
In coordination with the Nigeria Country Director, the Regional Lake Chad Programs Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for collaboration with institutional partners in the field and for representing Search in appropriate for a in Cameroon.
- Build relationships with the State and financial and technical partners in Cameroon;
- Support the registration process of Search in Cameroon
- Participates in the various coordination mechanisms with other humanitarian organizations in the field at the request of the project leader;
- Participates in relevant technical groups in Cameroon
- University degree at master's level in social sciences, project management, international development or any other similar field, or a bachelor's degree combined with at least 5 years experience in this field
- Demonstrate a progressive experience of at least 5 years in management and coordination positions in Peacebuilding, Preventing/Transforming violent extremism;
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of conflict dynamics and peace opportunities in Cameroon;
- Excellent skills in budget management and budget planning, demonstrated by relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and French
- Fluency in at least one or two languages spoken in the subregion will be considered an asset