- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism and discrimination
- Ethics and Values
- Demonstrates/safeguards ethics and integrity
- Working in teams
- Acts as a team player and facilitates team work
- Facilitates and encourages open communication in the team, communicating effectively and manages conflict
- Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complex situations
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches and documents best practices and identifies better opportunities for project implementation.
- Identifies performance standards, monitors progress and intervenes at early stages for achievement of results.
- Builds and sustains effective partnerships with the Government Agencies and main constituents, advocates effectively and communicates sensitively across different constituencies.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client, builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the area of youth development and seeks to develop new partnerships to promote youth volunteerism.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Maintains a functioning network with a variety of stakeholders on youth volunteerism and support advocacy efforts of Department of Youth Affairs and UNV/UNDP.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Post graduate/Master’s degree in Development Studies, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Project Management or related fields.
- Additional specialization in youth development issues would be an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension