- Reports to: Project Manager
- Project reference: 00122350
- Budgeted Level: SC9
- Support the development of the annual workplans, as well as quarterly workplans, and corresponding budget plans contributing to the achievement of targeted outputs specified in the project document
- Monitor project progress against work plans and budget plans and prepare project progress reports (quarterly, annual, risk log, and substantive) to UNDP
- Prepare terms of reference for required inputs (individual and institutional consultancy services, procurement of goods, organization of training, seminars, etc.) with expert technical support as required
- Coordinate closely with relevant parties to ensure that the procurement of services for project implementation is processed in timely and transparent manner
- Undertake and coordinate, as applicable, all operational aspects for the successful organization of project activities in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensures timely communication and visibility of project activities and outputs
- Coordinate with resource persons and project stakeholders to ensure their timely inputs to project activities
- Coordinate with the Regional Programme and other CO related outputs on different aspects of project implementation
- Gather and disseminate all related information from different channels and sources to relevant parties
- Fulfill any other related task as requested and guided by the Project Manager
- Knowledge of Lebanese political, social, and economic contexts, as well as current challenges
- Knowledge of anti-corruption concepts, standards and practices, including the UN Convention against Corruption, as well as the related institutional and legislative landscape in Lebanon
- Strong ability to draft, edit, and produce results-focused reports meeting UNDP standard
- Displays cultural, gender, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills, as well as teamwork
- Excellent organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Proven versatility and ability to adapt to complex, volatile and demanding working environment.
- Dedication to the principles of UNDP, especially of its mission, vision, values, and working in a culture of neutrality
- Fluent in the use of computers, MS Office (namely, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and online research facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in business administration, political and social sciences or any other related field.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 4 years with a Master’s degree.
- Proven experience in the area of anti-corruption, and more broadly governance.
- Experience with UN agencies, and/or Lebanese public administration is required.
- Solid experience in project coordination
- Proven experience in working with a wide range of partners (public institutions, private sector, donors, civil society)
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension