Accordingly, the project expected results are as follows:
- Ensures that submissions for the project are prepared in line with the UNDP standards, rules and regulations;
- Coordinates procurement procedures for the project according to the UNDP rules and regulations, including support in the preparation of the procurement documents prepared by the project;
- Assists in the organization of field visits, missions, workshops, training, roundtables, conferences and study visits within the project;
- Maintains and updates all administrative, personnel and financial files and records as well as general office files related to the project;
- Assists in the preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, requests for recruitments, interview minutes and requests for contract as well as supports;
- Assists staff by processing requests for personnel related documents in accordance with requirements of the organization;
- Maintains the inventory of project assets/equipment and project correspondence and files;
- Ensures completion of monthly leave reports and attendance records of project staff;
- Prepares vehicle and security request;
- Processes all financial transactions on the Global Atlas System, such as non-PO vouchers, receipts, requisitions, customer/vendor info updates, project budget revisions, etc.;
- Ensures proper receipt of goods and services;
- Maintains the internal expenditures control system that ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas;
- Takes timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Supports periodic and ad-hoc financial reporting to UNDP and other parties;
- Regularly monitors expenditures and commitments against project budget and relevant plans, and provides finance-related data to support project implementation and planning;
- Drafts various correspondence concerning finance, operations and budgetary issues as required;
- Assists team members, experts and consultants, in liaison with UNDP Operations, on financial and other operational matters;
- Prepares information for evaluations or audit purposes.
- Collects, analyses and presents information for monitoring and evaluation of project implementation against project targets;
- Compiles background information for formulation of project work plans, draft annual/quarterly budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements, and drafts of quarterly project reports;
- Monitors quality of delivery of inputs provided by the consultants, beneficiaries and contracted companies and communicates findings to supervisor;
- Maintains timetables for the Project Board meetings and provides support to organizing and holding the meetings, including the preparation and dissemination of information and follow-up.
- Participates in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR, POPP, etc. and organize briefings for the project staff where necessary on new internal procedures;
- When necessary, provides guidance to project staff in business processes, administrative and other requirements and procedures;
- Support the Project Manager in dissemination and sharing relevant data and lessons learned within the CO and regionally;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Supports the Project Manager in effectively mainstreaming the gender equality throughout project activities, work plans, budgets, reports, researches, analyses and, where specifically relevant, analysed in detail;
- Ensures that all the data, when collecting and compiling inputs related to the project, are gender and age disaggregated and evaluated from the gender point of view;
- Ensures minimum 30% participation of the other gender in the preparation of meetings/consultations/trainings/commissions.
Impact of Results:
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation;
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs.
- Analyses general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives;
- Maintains databases of donor information.
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Responds positively to new approaches.
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors;
- Maintains database of project files;
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents.
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each employee;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- University Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or similar;
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance with additional three years of experience may be accepted in lieu of University Degree.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience for candidates with a university degree; or 6 years of the same relevant experience for candidates with a secondary education.
- Fluency in English and the official languages of BIH.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months