- Support development of Annual Work Plans, Procurement Plans and Financial Disbursement Plans to be implemented in accordance with the approved Project Document;
- Assist in the effective implementation of HALT and other above noted projects’ activities as per Project Document and Annual Work Plan;
- Provide assistance in the development and implementation of procurement and capacity building activities in the area of countering illicit arms trafficking in accordance with the Annual Work Plan;
- Assist the coordination of project activities among project consultants and services/goods providers, including but not limited to the preparation of terms of reference for the selection of external partners (individuals or companies);
- Ensure efficiency in the provision of information and support to national project stakeholders in coordination with the Joint Programme Coordinator;
- Support to other projects within the Justice and Security Sector in terms of administrative, operational and financial responsibilities on as needed basis;
- Assist in the organization of field visits, missions, workshops, training, round-tables and conferences within the project;
- Maintain and update all administrative, personnel and financial files and records as well as general office files related to the project.
- Facilitate business processes followed by the Project in line with the UNDP Rules and Regulations, applicable procedures and policies and the UNDP Internal Control Framework;
- Monitor and regularly update Global Atlas System Project repositories as well as Project Monitoring Platform and Project Risk and Issues logs ensuring that they are regularly updated with project indicators, targets and progress/results in coordination with the Joint Programme Coordinator;
- Support Justice and Security Sector in ensuring that procurement and recruitment activities are implemented in due course and as per Procurement Plan, Recruitment Plan and in accordance with UNDP Rules and Procedures;
- Compile projects Financial, Administrative and Procurement Reports in accordance with the Project Document and donor reporting schedule if applicable;
- Support Projects reporting requirements through data collection and analysis, and drafting of various projects related reports;
- Assist in analysing and compiling data to measure progress and impact of projects’s activities;
- Support the communication and coordination process with donors and keep up to date with donor requirements;
- Coordinate data collection from the field in relation to expected projects results;
- Provide feedback on reporting problems and solutions;
- Support the Joint Programme Coordinator by facilitating various presentations on periodic bases to donors and other stakeholders about the achievements of projects results;
- Prepare and process all projects related financial transactions in Global Atlas System, such as vouchers, requisitions, project budget revisions etc;
- Support periodic and ad-hoc financial reporting to UNDP and other parties, as needed;
- Support the projects management in monitoring expenditures and commitments against projects budget and relevant financial delivery plans;
- Provide finance-related data to support project implementation, planning and reporting;
- Draft various correspondence concerning finance, operations and budgetary issues as required;
- Assist team members, experts and consultants, in liaison with UNDP Operations, on financial and other operational matters;
- Ensure that submissions for the projects are prepared in line with the UNDP standards, rules and regulations;
- Support the Justice and Security Sector in ensuring gender mainstreaming throughout all project activities, work plans, budgets, reports, research and analyses;
- Ensure gender equality is mainstreamed throughout the project, consultants and contracted companies.
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Analyses general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to data analysis, collecting and preparation of documentation, data processing and consolidating, filing, provision of information
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively both orally and in written
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each employee.
- University degree in economics, law, business or related field.
- Secondary education with additional three years of experience may be taken into the consideration in lieu of university degree.
- 2 years of relevant programme or administrative experience in case of university degree.
- 5 years of relevant programme or administrative experience in case of secondary education.
- Experience in coordinating communication with Project's stakeholders and field work.
- Knowledge of finance management system used by UNDP would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of M&E would be an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and official languages of BIH, with excellent drafting and presentation skills.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year